Workplace Bullying Awareness Week
Workplace Bullying Awareness Week 2021
October 17 – 23, 2021
Dr. Gary Namie of the Workplace Bullying Institute in the United States started this week of events many years ago. His event is called Freedom from Workplace Bullying Week. This is something we would like 365 days of the year, so let’s build awareness and make that happen.
Linda Crockett, founder of the Canadian Institute of Workplace Bullying Resources, joined Gary on his week about 10 years ago. She named her event, Workplace Bullying Awareness Week. About 4 years ago, Linda invited other countries to join, and it is working! We now have 10 posters from around the world, joining together and building a worldwide voice promoting psychological safety in all workplaces.
Join us! Wherever you are!
- Create a poster as an organization, team, or individual. Use the same dates, use our event title, or create your own!
- If you can, hold awareness building events like talks or presentations
- Give away tip sheets or articles,
- Research quotes or hold meetings
- Or simply share all of our posters on social media. Print them off and hang them up!
Whatever you do, it will make a difference! Some of us invite our mayors to sign a proclamation supporting this event. If you do that, share a photo! Repeatedly post your events on social media accounts and we will all share each other’s!
- Offer free posters
- Sell t-shirts, coffee mugs or wrist bands
- Hold a podcast or candlelight vigils
- Have zoom discussions, or participate in radio or TV interviews
- Offer tip sheets or articles
- Offer discounts or free training
We’ve done it all, so can you. Spread this message and help is all around the world, create a change!
Consider sharing all of our posters on your website anytime so we can show the power of this worldwide collective! This is good change making power!
Please use the green ribbon whenever possible. It offers a collective message. See copy of ribbon on this page to download.
Please use this hashtag at all times so everyone participating can see what you are also doing! #Awarnessendsbullying
Let us know if you will be joining us on this campaign so that we can be sure to celebrate your work during the event. Email us at email@example.com